Common Name: Joe Pye Weed
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun), Full Sun (5+ hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Wet, Moist, Average
- Height: 8-15′
- Flower: Pink, Jun, Jul, Aug
- Fruit: Tan nutlets borne in clusters.
- Fall Color: No
- Natural Habitat: Floodplain/Marsh
Eutrochium fistulosum has tall, erect stems with opposite lance-shaped dark-green leaves. Stems are topped with a large globular cluster of small white to pink flowers. The flowers are followed by small nutlets. Insects love the flowers of this plant and birds love the seeds, making this is an easy way to improve wildlife habitat. Forms colonies from root sprouting and makes an excellent visual screen along a border. Good nectaring plant for swallowtail butterflies, visited by many other butterfly species as well.