$7.00 – $108.00
Common Name: Big Leaf Wood Aster
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Shade (< 2 hrs. direct sun), Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Average, Dry
- Height: 1-2′
- Flower: White, Pink, Aug, Sept
- Fruit: Tiny nutlets resembling sunflower seeds crowded in the center of the spent flower.
- Fall Color:No
- Natural Habitat: Upland Deciduous Forest, Woodland Edge
Also known as Jone’s Aster, this low-growing plant consists of a basal rosette of large blue-green slightly hairy leaves, and a short flower stalk topped with multiple blooms. The leaves often have a purplish tint on the underside. Flowers are about 1-2″ across with whitish to purple petals and yellow centers. Thrives in rich, moist soils in the oak-hickory-pine forest ecosystem.