$7.00 – $108.00
Rattlesnake Master Common Name:
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun), Full Sun (5+ hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Average, Dry
- Height: 1-2′, 2-5′
- Flower: Green, White, Jun, Jul
- Fruit: Scaly bulbous seed head that looks essentially the same as the flower, but turns brown.
- Fall Color: No
- Natural Habitat: Woodland Edge, Grasslands/Prairies
- Larval host for:
Cluster of elongated, arching basal leaves resembling those of yucca sprout a leafless stem topped with multiple blooms. The flowers are greenish-white in a globular cluster, resembling a fuzzy thimble. Blooms are persistent and give way to seed heads that slowly turn brown as they mature. Flowers attract a unique set of insects, including numerous parasitic wasps that consume common garden pests.