$7.00 – $108.00
Common Name: Blue Mistflower
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun), Full Sun (5+ hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Moist, Average
- Height: 2-5′
- Flower: Violet, Blue, Jul, Aug, Sept
- Fruit: Small seed with hairy pappus to catch the wind.
- Fall Color: No
- Natural Habitat: Upland Deciduous Forest, Woodland Edge
Perennial herb with opposite, bluntly toothed leaves that line a stalk topped with a cluster of small wispy flowers. The flowers are bright blue to lavendar with small linear petals that look fuzzy or ‘misty’ as a group. The blooms attract numerous insects and are followed by masses of small seeds with fuzzy pappus hairs that allow them to disperse on the wind. This plant readily spreads through rhizomes and self seeds prolifically, so site accordingly.