Common Name: Starry Campion
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Moist, Average, Dry
- Height: 1-2′, 2-5′
- Flower: White, Green, Jun, Jul
- Fruit: Ribbed capsule containing numerous seeds.
- Fall Color: No
- Natural Habitat: Bottomland Deciduous Forest, Upland Deciduous Forest, Woodland Edge
Silene stellata or Starry Campion has upright, smooth stems with little branching and whorled lanceolate leaves topped with distinctive flowers. The nodding flowers have five frilly white petals that are deeply cleft on the ends giving the appearance of many tiny petals, and a greenish center with protruding stamens. The summer blooms are followed by a by a ribbed seed capsule that contains many tiny seeds in fall.