Common Name: Purple Giant Hyssop
- Habit: Perennial Herb
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun), Full Sun (5+ hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Dry, Average
- Height: 2-5′
- Flower: Purple, White, Jun-Sept.
- Fruit: Tiny seeds in papery husks, Aug-Nov.
- Fall Color: No
- Natural Habitat: Woodland Edge, Grasslands
Agastache scrophulariifolia or Giant Purple Hyssop is a perennial herb that grows in woodland edges and grasslands with rich soils. Purple flowers with a green calyx appear from July to September, followed by seed production in August to November. The flowers attract butterflies and bees.