Common Name: Passionvine, Maypop
- Habit: Vine
- Light: Part Shade (2-5 hrs. direct sun), Full Sun (5+ hrs. direct sun)
- Water Needs: Average
- Height: 5-8′, 8-15′
- Flower: Violet, White, Yellow, Jun, Jul, Aug
- Fruit: Bottomland Deciduous Forest, Upland Deciduous Forest
- Fall Color: 2″ oval fruits that turn yellow as they ripen.
- Natural Habitat: Bottomland Deciduous Forest, Upland Deciduous Forest
- Larval host for: Gulf Fritillary (Agraulis vanillae), Variegated Fritillary (Euptoieta claudia)
Out of stock
Herbaceous, climbing or sprawling vine with large lobed leaves and intricate showy, purple and white flowers that sprout at the leaf axils. Flowers are followed by small yellow fruits that audibly pop when crushed. The fruits have traditionally been used to make jams and jellies, and the foliage is an ingredient in many natural sleep aids. Spreads through rhizomes, and can be aggressive in moist soils. Host plant for Frittilary Butterfly caterpillars.